Privacy and code of ethic
Power to you!
In the course of my professional activities, as an organizer of educational/professional networking events, as a conference speaker and teacher in relation with several practitioners, vendors, consultants and fellow bloggers. I will respect...
- Vendors: not do product demos or provide product information to competitors;
- Clients: any information about someone's actual or intentional use of a solution will be solemnly respected;
- Practitioners: empower the users with their actual solution without influencing them to change unless they have expressed intent.
- Consultants: not interfere between a vendor-consultant-practitioner relationship.
During the course of my consulting practice, I might enter confidentially agreements prohibiting me from revealing the client name & nature of activities. In such case, such potential conflicts will be revealed on a case by case basis while preserving the confidential details about such agreement.
I will respect the privacy of each of my clients, and use my knowledge of their business goals, objectives, and methods to further only their cause. I will not leverage any gained experience in a way that unduly compromises a client, current, past or future, or jeopardizes their ability to maintain a competitive edge due to my work with them.
Review my LinkedIn profile for my current and past professional activities.
immeria consulting services inc.
As a web analytics practitioner and consultant, I will abide the following code of ethics:
- I will discuss the potential conflict with the involved parties and get their conscent before pursuing.
- Will not engage into any activity that would be deemed illegal.
- Will not perform an activity or accept a consulting task if doing so places me in a position that may prejudice the interests of my other clients and partners.
- When expressing opinions, I will not give the impression that I'm expressing the official position of my clients or partners unless I receive prior authorization to do so.
- Will never disclose confidential information.
Use of analytics
This website uses various analytics tools and measurement tools to help analyse how users use the site. These tools use 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google and other vendors. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for this web site which are used to improve and optimize your experience.
I will never (and will not allow any third party) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. The Web Analytics vendors do not associate your IP address with any other data held by them. Neither me nor the Web Analytics Vendors will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. I will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source, unless you explicity submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Please see your browser's help for additional info.
Web Analytics Association Code of Ethic
Draft, dated Sept. 12, 2010 from the Web Analytics Association [minor edits indicated in
strike & italics].
- PRIVACY – I agree to hold consumer data in the highest regard and will do everything in my power to keep personally identifiable consumer data safe, secure and private.
- TRANSPARENCY – I agree to encourage full disclosure of my clients/employer consumer data collection practices and to encourage communication of how that data will be used in clear and understandable language.
- CONSUMER CONTROL – I agree to inform and empower consumers to opt out of my clients/employer data collection practices and to document ways to do this.
- EDUCATION – I agree to educate my clients/employer about the types of data collected, and the potential risks to consumers associated with those data.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – I agree to act as a steward of customer data and to uphold the consumers’ right to privacy as governed by my clients/employer and applicable laws and regulations.
- I will not abuse your trust and I will send only posts that are related to the topic of the mailing list
- Will not sell or provide the mailing list members to 3rd parties
- Will honor unsubscribe requests and clearly indicate how to opt-out of the mailing list
I'm borrowing from O'Reilly's proposed code of conduct:
- Take responsibility for my own words and for the comments I allow on my blog.
- Won't say anything online that I wouldn't say in person.
- In case of conflict, I will connect privately before I respond publicly.
- Will filter comments that are against my personal values, but will gladly accept constructive comments.
- Will post constructive comments to other's blogs.
- Will link & reference others contributions in my posts.
- Will accept to review books, software and services pending such reviews do not conflict with the disclosed agreements
- Will NOT accept link exchange, bribery or paid reviews.